Sunday, August 23, 2026
News

Government invites application for selection for post of Chairperson, two members of National Sports Board

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

New Delhi | June 23, 2026 2:26:19 PM IST
The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has invited applications for selection for the post of Chairperson and two members in the National Sports Board.

The selection is to be made in terms of the provisions of the National Sports Governance Act 2025 and National Sports Governance (National Sports Board) Rules 2026, as per a press release from the Union Sports Ministry.

The appointment for post of Chairperson and two members in National Sports Board will be made by the Central Government on the recommendations of the Search-cum-Selection Committee, constituted in terms of Rule 3(3) of National Sports Board (Search-cum-Selection Committee) Rules, 2026, from amongst persons of ability, integrity and standing, having knowledge or practical experience in the field of public administration, sports governance, sports law and other related fields.

The salary and other terms and conditions of the appointment of Chairperson and Members, NSB will be governed by the provisions of the National Sports Governance (National Sports Board) Rules, 2026.

The National Sports Board will act as central authority for granting board recognition to National Sports Bodies and ensuring compliance with governance, financial and ethical standards.

Eligible persons can apply through the online portal . The last date of submission of applications is July 22, 2026.

Earlier on June 20, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) created a task force which monitors motor sports with a vision to bring back Formula 1 racing in the country by the end of 2028.

"We will try to bring back F1 in India by 2028. For this, we created a task force which monitors motor sports in the country and submits its report to the Ministry," an MYAS source told ANI on Saturday.

Earlier, Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) President Arindam Ghosh attended a meeting with the Sports Ministry in New Delhi and said that the efforts are on to bring Formula 1 back to India by 2030, a round of the World Rally Championship (WRC) and MotoGP by 2028.

Later, at the FMSCI Annual Awards function, Ghosh said, "The meeting with Union Sports Minister Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State Raksha Khadse, senior officials and potential stakeholders in New Delhi, focused primarily on bringing F1, MotoGP and a round of the WRC to India.""The Federation stressed the need to develop Indian drivers and the overall development of motorsports in India, and the FMSCI's inputs were well received," he added. (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS (0)
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
 
MORE SPORTS NEWS
'It will really help in future': Adille ...
AUS vs BANG, 2nd Test: Shoriful Islam re...
Kartik Tyagi breaks middle stump with a ...
Messi fined by MLS for on-field altercat...
'Need players like him to be able to pla...
Enzo Maresca eyes maintaining past succe...
More...
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
JP Nadda reviews Delhi's preparedness fo...
Odisha CM Mohan Majhi inaugurates Nation...
BJP national office-bearers meeting with...
Shivraj Chouhan reviews AgriStack, crop ...
Himachal assembly speaker Kuldeep Singh ...
Online Betting Case: Indore Police find ...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
AUS vs BANG, 2nd Test: Shoriful Isl... 
Vivanta Gurugram review: A thoughtf... 
Online Betting Case: Indore Police ... 
Nadda reviews fertiliser department... 
31-year-old IIT Delhi MSc Physics s... 
Continuing to send weapons to Israe... 
US oil and gas workers drive produc... 
Iran has not compromised on any cla...