|
West Bengal Minister Dilip Ghosh on Saturday reacted to reports of alleged threats received by a jhalmuri vendor from Jhargram who had served Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying such attempts aimed at creating tension in the country would be dealt with firmly.
Speaking to reporters, Ghosh said that certain individuals were trying to disturb peace through such actions and warned of a strong response. "A few people cause tension in India by doing such things. That time is now gone. It is our Government now. Everything will be responded to well," Ghosh said. The alleged threats that the vendor had received over WhatsApp reportedly came after the vendor served jhalmuri to Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his poll rally in Krishnanagar in April. Meanwhile, on Tuesday, Dilip Ghosh also hit out at TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee over the meeting called by her with party MLAs to announce a protest against the "bulldozer culture," stating that the meetings would have been meaningful if conducted during her tenure as Chief Minister. He said such discussions would have been more meaningful if they had been held earlier during the party's tenure in government, adding that the administration had failed to address people's issues at the time. "..Earlier, the CM had no idea what was happening in Bengal... If the meetings that they are conducting now were conducted earlier and understood people's suffering, the scenario would be something different," he said. This comes after the All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) announced to launch protests across Kolkata and adjoining areas on May 21 against the alleged forceful eviction of hawkers and the "bulldozer culture" allegedly unleashed by the newly-formed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led NDA government in the state. The protests come amid escalating political tensions in West Bengal following the recent Assembly election results, in which the BJP secured 207 seats and ended the Trinamool Congress's 15-year rule in the state. The TMC won 80 seats in the elections. (ANI)
|