Continued Momentum for Euroclear Group in First Half 2019 Financial and Operational Performance
BRUSSELS, July 23, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
- Operating income increased 8% compared to H1 2018, to EUR 725 million:
- Business Income rose 4% to EUR 565 million, driven by continued growth in assets under custody combined with strong market activity levels across business segments.
- Banking and Other Income increased 25% to EUR 160 million, boosted by client deposits and the benefit of higher US interest rates in H2 2018.
- Operating costs increased 6% to EUR 413 million:
- Decrease in YoY capitalisation of costs since launching our Finnish platform in September 2018
- Despite accelerating investment in strategic priorities, we expect full year cost growth at a level which delivers business income operating margin expansion.
- Net profit rose 13% to EUR 217 million (H1 2018: EUR 192 million).
- EPS also increased 13% to EUR 68.8 (H1 2018: EUR 61.1 per share).
- NAV per share rose to EUR 1319 from EUR 1220 at December 2018 (H1 2018: EUR 1190 per share), primarily due to the decision to postpone distribution of the normal 2018 dividend to an anticipated interim dividend in Q4 2019 following the group restructuring last year.
Key Operating Metrics
- Assets under custody reached more than EUR 30 trillion at the end June (H1 2018: EUR 29.2 trillion), an increase of 1% year-on year.
- Record number of netted transactions settled in the Euroclear group reached 118 million, an increase of 2% compared to the first half 2018 for a total value of EUR 411 trillion (4% above H1 2018).
- Euroclear's Collateral Highway mobilised a record EUR 1.3 trillion, up 1% year-on year.
- Fund assets under custody increased by approximately 11% to EUR 2.2 trillion compared to year-end 2018.
We remain focused on delivering our three strategic objectives to enhance our customer proposition: strengthening our network, growing our network and reshaping our network. Highlights from H1 2019:
- Good progress on CSDR authorisation process with Euroclear Belgium, France and Nederland receiving licenses from their respective regulators.
- Euroclear is well placed to continue its Irish securities settlement services after Brexit, having secured recognition for Euroclear UK & Ireland (EUI) by European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
- Launch of the Collateral Portfolio Service enabling our custodian clients to offer a triparty collateral management solution to their buy side clients, making triparty a truly portable service offering, agnostic of the settlement and custody location.
- Euroclear's EasyWay web interface is gaining traction. Over 240 customers have successfully migrated to the platform demonstrating the benefits of accurate, real-time data in performing tasks efficiently and managing operational risks.
- Over the past years, successfully onboarded clients as part of the new OTC derivatives margin requirements. Well prepared for the upcoming Wave 4 in September this year, and as buy-side clients join through Wave 5 in September 2020.
- Recent signing of two Memorandum of Understandings with the Egyptian Ministry of Finance and Saudi Arabia's Securities Depository Centre to become 'Euroclearable'.
- Broadening our funds ecosystem with Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited adopting the international ETF settlement model and Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Ltd, a UK private bank and wealth manager adopting CREST Investment Fund Service.
- Continue to take collaborative approach to innovation; Working with the European Investment Bank (EIB), Banco Santander, and EY on an end-to-end blockchain solution for the issuance and settlement of European Commercial Paper.
Commenting on the results, Lieve Mostrey, Chief Executive Officer said:
"After a record level year for Euroclear in 2018, continued growth in the underlying key business metrics during the first half of this year have translated into strong performance for the Group. This continued upward trend is fuelled by the attractiveness of our customer offer and our unique business model as an independent open architecture financial market infrastructure. We remain confident in our business income growth trajectory, and are committed to delivering long-term, sustainable value for all our key stakeholders."
Note to editors
Euroclear group is the financial industry's trusted provider of post trade services. At the core, the group provides settlement and custody of domestic and cross-border securities for bonds, equities and derivatives to investment funds. Euroclear is a proven, resilient capital market infrastructure committed to delivering risk-mitigation, automation and efficiency at scale for its global client franchise.
The Euroclear group includes Euroclear Bank - which is rated AA+ by Fitch Ratings and AA by Standard & Poor's - as well as Euroclear Belgium, Euroclear Finland, Euroclear France, Euroclear Nederland, Euroclear Sweden and Euroclear UK & Ireland. The Euroclear group settled the equivalent of EUR 791 trillion in securities transactions in 2018, representing 230 million domestic and cross-border transactions and held an average of EUR 28.8 trillion in assets for clients.
Logo - https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/832898/Euroclear_Logo.jpg
More News by PR Newswire India
Global market of dietary supplement is welcoming a rising star GLYMATE
Artprice by Art Market: Latest Auction Records in Photography
Sungrow Supplies Argentina's Largest Solar Plant with 1500Vdc Central Inverter Solutions
Over 120 Exhibitors From 10 Countries to Participate in Food & Hotel India 2019
SOTC Launches Holidays to Western Australia
Sonata Software Limited Announces Partnership With Agastya International Foundation to Support Creativity and Innovative Thinking in Rural Schools
Garuda Mall Presents Bengaluru's Biggest Doll and Book Festival August 2019
IIHM Initiative for 'Freedom From Hunger' on Independence Day
Xinhua Silk Road: Tasly remains China's 2019 National Tech Innovation Demonstration Enterprise
The Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC) urges the EU to maintain the EBA program - The livelihood of 750,000 workers and the welfare of some 3 million Cambodians at stake
Venus Concept Announces Financial Results for the Second Quarter and First Six Months of 2019 and FDA 510(k) Clearance of Venus Blissâ„¢
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management Confers Honorary Doctorate to Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel
IHGÂ® Hotels & Resorts Serves Up One-of-a-Kind Experiences at 2019 US Open
Earlier Is Better ... New, Patented At-Home Blood Pregnancy Test, Available Exclusively From TAEUS, Offers Human Pregnancy Confirmation Within Days, Rather Than Weeks
Frost & Sullivan Recognizes Proofpoint as the Global Email Security Market Leader for Fifth Consecutive Year
IBC2019: TVU Networks Announces Advances in AI, 4K60fps and HDR Transmission, and Remote Production
Rain Carbon Begins Commissioning Process at New Hydrogenated Hydrocarbon Resins Facility in Germany
AntWorks and Everest Group Unveil Intelligent Document Processing Playbook
Charkit Chemical Announces Promotion Of Panos Yannopoulos To Executive Vice President, Sales
FDA Approves New Treatment for Highly Drug-Resistant Forms of Tuberculosis
Grammy Winning and Multi-Platinum Recording Artist Ariana Grande Launches Her New Fragrance THANK U, NEXT
Amplitude launches Engage, a behavioral targeting solution for automated campaign personalization
Webb Fontaine Group FZ-LLC Signs a National Single Window Implementation Contract With the Government of Nepal
upGrad Honours the Indian Armed Forces With an Exclusive Lifelong Benefit, This Independence Day
Mishtann Foods Reports 22.1% Increase in Q1FY2020 PAT at INR 3.14 Crore
Gyrfalcon's Cutting-edge Technology for Creating AI Accelerator Chips Commended by Frost & Sullivan
Rolls Royce's Ghost Zenith Collection, the Pinnacle of a Timeless Masterpiece
CleverTap Helps GiftAMeal Increase the Number of Meal Donations by 2x
TÃœV SÃœD South Asia Introduces Promotional Scheme Offering Testing Services With 8- hours Turnaround Time for Textile Manufacturers in Tiruppur
Over 300 Exhibitors & 650 Brands From Gems & Jewellery Industry to Participate in 8th Edition of Delhi Jewellery and Gem Fair ( DJGF ) 2019
9stacks Wins the SuperStartup Asia Award 2019
Mobileum Inc. Acquires WeDo Technologies
true balance and ICICI Lombard Partner to Provide Financial Inclusion to the Next Billion
Ashraya Hastha Trust Partners With Smile Train India to Boost Cleft Care Ecosystem in India
Radio Nasha Celebrates 25 Years of 'Hum Aapke Hain Koun' at Nasha Premiere Nights
Bitfinex Enables Intermediate Verification Level
Small-satellites and Downstream Digital Transformation Accelerate Space Industry Evolution
Uflex Starts Q1 FY2019-20 With a Steady Performance
Vanita Bhandari Takes Over as 50th President of IMC's Ladies' Wing
Jet Midwest, Inc. Acquires a B767-200ER airframe and CF680A-2 engine
42Gears Named as a Visionary in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Unified Endpoint Management Tools 2019
Richardson Launches Enhanced Service Through Consultative Sales Training Program to Equip Service Professionals with Skills to Deliver Exceptional Customer Experience & Unexpected Value
Chef Clement D'Cruz of Hyatt Joins IIHM Panel of Experts
Voltaiq Applauded by Frost & Sullivan for its Game-changing Battery Analysis Platform, Voltaiq Core, and Innovative Battery Digital Twin Solution
Private and SME Segments Stand Out Globally as Key Targets for Car Leasing Companies
ITC Infotech and 'Automation Anywhere' Pioneer Digital Workforce
Clarivate Analytics launches Cortellis Digital Health Intelligence, a first-of-its-kind solution covering the global digital health ecosystem
Combined Surgical Suction/Irrigation Technology Available Immediately
FDI Applications More Than Doubled in First Half of 2019, Thailand BOI says
Mambu Earns Acclaim from Frost & Sullivan for Accelerating Customers' Time-to-market with its Cloud-based Core Banking Platform
Mukta Arts' Q1 FY20 Consolidated Revenues up 40% y-o-y to INR 47.9 Crore
Prozone Intu's Q1 FY20 Consolidated Revenues up 31.4% to INR 22.3 Crore
Companies Invest Heavily in Employee Health Management IT Solutions to Improve Employees' Well-Being and Corporate Performance
Sofyx & Servify Team Up to Launch Protection Plans for Smartphones in General Trade
OPPO Announces Discounts on F11 Pro and F11 This Independence Day
udChalo Forays Into the Hotel Segment by Partnering With Oyo and Fab Hotels
One Tree Can Save the World - InitiativeTree Launches Its Worldwide Network Tree Planting Program
Global Construction Additives Market Set for Robust CAGR of 6.6% from 2018 to 2025
The Farm at San Benito, Philippines Offers Special Monsoon Packages for Indian Travellers
Saksoft Q1Y20 EBITDA at Rs. 16.17 Crs, a Growth of 40.2% Y-o-Y
UST Global Announces Strategic Partnership With SeaLights Technologies
Pennar Industries Reports 25.8% y-o-y Increase in Q1 FY2020 Consolidated PAT After Minority Interest at INR 16.5 Crore
Global Alliance for the Future of Food Report: 21 Inspiring Examples of a Sustainable Food Future
New Review Suggests Normal Use of Electronic Cigarettes is Unlikely to Raise Significant Health Concerns
Conagen Expands Portfolio Beyond Gamma-Decalactone to 20 new non-GMO Lactones
Concept Medical Inc. Granted 2nd 'Breakthrough Device Designation' From the FDA for Its MagicTouch PTA Sirolimus Coated Balloon, for the Treatment of Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) in Below-the-Knee (BTK) Indication
Betway Partners With Cricket Legend Kevin Pietersen
Higher Levels of Automation Expand Revenue Potential for Analytical Instrumentation Manufacturers
Xinhua Silk Road: Inaugural Fortune Global Sustainability Forum to be held in SW China's Yuxi in early Sept.
Autonomous Vehicle Developers Bet on Sensor Fusion Solutions and L2+ Features
KSB is First Reactor Coolant Pump Manufacturer to be Certified for Modern Nuclear Power Plants in China
Diabetic Patients Face a High Risk of Viral Hepatitis, Over 300 Million Infected HBV Patients are Unaware of Their Status, Says Dr. Nagaraj.S, Infilife Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
Embassy Office Parks REIT Announces First Quarter FY 2019-20 Results; Reports Quarterly Distribution of Rs 4,167 Million
The Stars Group Reports Second Quarter 2019 Results; Updates 2019 Full Year Guidance; Appoints New Independent Director
Taiwan Tourism Bureau gets on Track With the Mumbai Metro
New Lagavulin 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky: A Rare and Exclusive Treat for Travellers
Amity University Maharashtra Hosts its First Annual Convocation Ceremony in Mumbai
Producer Gaurang Doshi has been Instrumental in the Launch and Success of Many Among 'A' List Bollywood; Plans to Launch Ace Talent yet Again
MEIL's Engineering Marvel Converts Telangana's Dream Into a Reality
Deutsche Messe AG Alliance with Donghao Lansheng Group to Launch New Industrial Fairs in Shenzhen and Chengdu from 2020
Children Learn to Become Global Leaders at the 2019 Eye Level Model United Nations Camp
HONOR Vision Defines the Future with HONOR "Sharp Tech" Innovations
116 Young Talents for the 3rd Zhuhai Mozart Competition in September
CIFF Shanghai 2019 Announces Exciting Lineup of Global Architects, Designers and Brands
Tata CLiQ Launches 'SmartroniQ Sale' From August 9 - 14, After a Successful Campaign on Connected Homes
MÃ¶venpick Hotel Colombo Welcomes Indian Travellers to the Highest Rooftop Bar in Sri Lanka
ZTE and China Mobile empower China's first 5G sporting events with 5G Live TV solutions
Greaves Continues Growth Momentum 9th Quarter in a Row
MLP Care's Strong Growth Continued in the Second Quarter of 2019