Friday, August 21, 2026
News

JPSC row: Student leader accuses Jharkhand govt of backtracking after HC stay on exam cancellation

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

Ranchi (Jharkhand) | August 21, 2026 7:28:16 AM IST
Student leader Ravindra Paswan on Thursday accused the Jharkhand government of backtracking on its assurances to students after the Jharkhand High Court stayed the state government's order cancelling the 11th to 13th Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) examinations and appointments.

Speaking to ANI, Paswan said he would not comment on the High Court's order but questioned the government's stand during the hearing, alleging that it did not reflect the assurances given to the protesting students.

Paswan said, "I would not like to make a comment on the High Court order. But the commitment made to us by the government was that all our demands had been accepted, that the exam had been cancelled and that there would be a proper investigation. We did not see this intent of the government today," Paswan said.

He alleged that the advocate representing the state government did not make any submission before the court and accused the government of attempting to end the students' protest by allowing appointments to continue despite the cancellation of the examinations.

"The advocate representing the Govt did not even say a word. So, the government had only intended to end the students' protest in one way or another, to get the exam cancelled on one end and allow joining from the other end. We had trusted the Jharkhand Govt. We thought that the CM wouldn't do politics with students. But he is doing it today," he said.

Paswan said students would now intensify their agitation and announced that effigies of the Chief Minister would be burnt across all 24 districts of the state on August 21 (Friday).

"Now, students will have to do politics. Students will have to answer in the same manner. Students will burn an effigy of the CM across all 24 districts of the state tomorrow," he said.

The Jharkhand High Court on Thursday stayed the state government's order cancelling the 11th to 13th JPSC examinations and appointments, providing relief to newly appointed officers who had challenged the decision.

The court passed the order while hearing various petitions filed by the newly appointed officers against the government's decision. (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS ()
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
Himachal Pradesh bans sale of synthetic ...
Delhi HC slams ED's attempt to revive de...
Hyderabad: Minister Konda Surekha's form...
CWC directions will not apply in Assembl...
HP High Court Imposes 25,000 Costs On S...
BJP MP Suresh Kashyap slams Congress ove...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
NUMR Inc. helps deliver Axis Bank's... 
Binance Donates INR 3.3 Crore to Go... 
Second 'Gideon' Aerial Refueling Ta... 
VELS Welcomes Freshers with Grand C... 
Reports of reduced education loans ... 
"1129 acres given to BSF, SSB in 45... 
Taapsee Pannu-starrer 'Gandhari' to... 
Crushed dreams under a speeding Ast...