Saturday, February 21, 2026
News

Chhattisgarh: Security forces demolish four Maoist memorials in Bijapur

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

Bijapur (Chhattisgarh) | February 21, 2026 10:21:06 AM IST
The security forces demolished a total of four Maoist memorials constructed in the jurisdictions of Farsegarh and Tarrem police stations on Friday.

To completely eradicate Maoism and establish lasting peace, security, and development in the region, security forces have been systematically eliminating all symbolic structures, signs of violence, and remnants of fear created by the Maoists.

Earlier this month, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) demolished a memorial of Ravula Srinivas alias Ramanna, who was a central committee member of the Maoists, in Gogunda village of Chhattisgarh's Sukma district.

Speaking with ANI, Assistant Commandant of 74th Battalion Videkho Kiye said, "This area in Gogunda had been under naxal control for a long time and was a cutoff area for the security forces... But the 74th Battalion established a forward operating base on November 20th, 2025. Today, the monument of a Maoist CC member, Ramanna, was demolished by the Battalion in a joint operation... This will pave the way for a brighter future for the upcoming generation."

Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday again reiterated the Central government's commitment to end Naxalism by March 31 this year, a decade-old menace that left many civilians and security forces dead.

Shah's assurance came while speaking at the 79th Foundation Day of Delhi Police, as the Centre's deadline to eradicate Naxalism would expire in the next 44 days.

"Maoist insurgency, which had spread across 11 states, had long been considered a major challenge to the country's internal security. However, I am glad to convey to the nation, through the people of Delhi, that we are very close to permanently freeing the affected regions from Naxalism. I would like to once again assure the people that by March 31, 2026, we will succeed in freeing the entire country from Maoist violence. This will be a major achievement for our security forces," Shah said.

Previously, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai updated that security forces neutralised 364 Naxals, arrested 1022, and facilitated 2337 surrenders in 2025. (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS ()
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
Four Youth Congress leaders to be produc...
MP: 52nd Khajuraho Dance Festival inaugu...
'Congress is anti-youth, stooping so low...
'Topless kya senseless tha': MoS Jayant ...
Chhattisgarh CM Sai to visit ancestral v...
Indian Youth Congress protests outside K...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
"Will free 5 lakh bighas of illegal... 
V Raheja Realty Presents La Serena:... 
Agra Fort Hosts Historic Shivrajyot... 
"That's what my vision is when we b... 
Multi Super Speciality Shah Hospita... 
Entrepreneur, Rakesh Agarwal Launch... 
"No need to be jealous of Siddarama... 
Indian Embassy in Azerbaijan launch...