Saturday, April 5, 2025
News

Chhattisgarh: 50 naxalites surrender in Bijapur, Amit Shah assures rehabilitation

   SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

New Delhi | March 30, 2025 10:43:22 PM IST
Union Home Minister Amit Shah announced that 50 Naxalites surrendered in Bijapur, Chhattisgarh, on Sunday.

He assured them that they would be rehabilitated and integrated into the mainstream.

"It is a matter of great joy that 50 Naxalites in Bijapur (Chhattisgarh) surrendered, abandoning the path of violence. I welcome those who leave violence and weapons and join the mainstream of development. Modi ji's policy is clear that any Naxalite who leaves weapons and adopts the path of development will be rehabilitated and connected to the mainstream," Amit Shah wrote on X.

https://x.com/AmitShah/status/1906306582880616824

He also urged other Naxalites to surrender, stating that Naxalism will be eradicated by March 2026.

"I once again appeal to the rest of the people to give up arms and join the mainstream. After March 31, 2026, Naxalism will become history in the country, this is our resolution," Shah said.

On Saturday, 15 Naxalites surrendered before the Dantewada police on Saturday. Superintendent of Police (SP) Dantewada confirmed the surrender, stating that all 15 individuals would receive the benefits provided by the state government under the rehabilitation policy.

Speaking to the media, Dantewada SP Smruthik Rajanala said, "15 Naxalites have surrendered infront of the Dantewada police today...All the benefits of the state government will be given to all these 15 Naxalites who have surrendered today."

Earlier on Wednesday, Nine Naxals surrendered in Sukma in the presence of Superintendent of Police Kiran Gangaram Chavan.

Meanwhile, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Vishnu Deo Sai on Saturday congratulated the security forces for their bravery as they neutralised 16 Naxalites and recovered a large cache of arms and ammunition in a major encounter in the Kerlapal area of the Sukma district.

He said that Union Home Minister Amit Shah's resolve to eliminate Naxalism from the country by March 2026 would be fulfilled.

"I congratulate the security forces for their bravery, and I bow to their courage. Our government is continuously getting success in this regard... I believe that Union HM Amit Shah's resolve to eliminate Naxalism from the country by March 2026 will be fulfilled," Sai told ANI. (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS ()
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
'Rahul Gandhi ji please stop cutting dow...
'Why did they support Waqf Amendment Bil...
'Historic bill, will benefit entire nati...
'Supreme Court defines Constitution...':...
Congress fields Bharat Bhushan Ashu for ...
Chhattisgarh: Surrendered Naxalites, peo...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
US stock market plunges over 5% as ... 
EPSI holds national conference to p... 
Punjab police constitutes 1,228 vil... 
"It's our constitutional right":BJP... 
Tamil Nadu BJP president K Annamala... 
Mayank Yadav up and running, bowlin... 
India's IT services companies to re... 
"Opposition parties are showing it ...