Saturday, February 21, 2026
News

"I felt totally like 17 again": Actor Timothee Chalamet recalls reunion with director Christopher Nolan

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

Washington DC | February 21, 2026 3:51:02 PM IST
Actor Timothee Chalamet's recent reunion with Christopher Nolan was like a time-stood-still moment for him as he felt 17 years old again, reported People.

During a screening of Call Me by Your Name at the historic Los Angeles Theatre, the Academy Award-nominated actor reflected on his recent chat with the Interstellar director. The two stars sat down earlier this month ahead of an IMAX 70mm screening of the 2014 sci-fi adventure film to discuss their experience on set.

"The whole experience with Nolan, I felt totally like 17 again. I went home, it was shocking ...That was a crazy car ride home for me. I was like, 'Holy sh-t, I feel like, you know, the 13 years that elapsed haven't elapsed," Chalamet said at the most recent event, hosted by Cinespia in honour of its 25th anniversary, as quoted by People

The Marty Supreme star noted that Nolan, 55, "was cracking jokes backstage."

"We were taking pictures together ... and he throws me in a headlock and starts giving me a noogie," he recalled. "I'm like, 'Holy sh-t, Chris Nolan's hitting me with a noogie right now.' I said to him, 'Chris, I'm a 30-year-old man.' He said, 'Not to me, you're not,'" Chalamet said with a laugh, as quoted by Deadline.

The Wonka star played Matthew McConaughey's son in the film, which was one of Chalamet's first major movie roles.

In addition to Chalamet and McConaughey, the movie featured Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Matt Damon, Mackenzie Foy and Michael Caine. Interstellar was nominated for five Academy Awards, winning Best Visual Effects.

After his role in Interstellar, Chalamet went on to land his breakout part in 'Call Me by Your Name', earning him his first Best Actor nomination at the Academy Awards.

Chalamet was nominated again for his portrayal of Bob Dylan in the 2024 biopic 'A Complete Unknown', as well as for his work in 2025's 'Marty Supreme', becoming the youngest actor since Marlon Brando to receive three Best Actor nominations at the Oscars. (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS ()
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
 
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
Hailey Bieber picks Justin's favourite a...
'Major stars have turned it down': Ameri...
'Here's to passion that refuses to age.....
KH X RK Promo: Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan...
Accused trailer: Konkana Sensharma goes ...
Eric Dane's final performance in 'Euphor...
More...
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
Shehzad Poonawalla accuses Congress of v...
BJP condemns Youth Congress protest at I...
105-foot National Flag inaugurates at ex...
'We have to make India 'aatmnirbhar' in ...
ECI publishes Kerala's final voter list;...
All Jaat Mahasangh, farmer bodies condem...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
"Captivated," Chinese Envoy to Indi... 
West Bengal: CPI(M) expels state co... 
"Under the guidance of PM Modi, wor... 
"Should have refrained, brings sham... 
Himachal Pradesh: Apple growers opp... 
"We are basically focused on three ... 
China accused of exporting Uyghur s... 
Delhi HC dismisses review plea by f...