Friday, April 4, 2025
News

"Then Mumbai Mayor visited me...I was misled, told it was suicide," says Disha Salian's father

   SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

Mumbai (Maharashtra) | March 27, 2025 8:13:13 PM IST
Nearly five years after the demise of celebrity manager Disha Salian, her father Satish Salian has sought the Bombay High Court's intervention for a fresh probe into her death.

Satish Salian recently filed a written complaint with the Mumbai Police Commissioner seeking the registration of an FIR against Aditya Thackeray and others accused in connection with the offences of gang rape and murder of his daughter. As per his advocate Nilesh Ojha, the complaint had been accepted by the Joint Commissioner of Police. The accused in the case, include Aaditya Thackeray, former Commissioner of Police Parambir Singh, Officer Sachin Vaze and actor Aditya Pancholi.

Speaking to ANI on Thursday, Satish Salian claimed that he was misled earlier, prompting him to believe that his daughter had died by suicide. He also claimed that former Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar had paid him a visit.

"Kishori Pednekar (former Mumbai Mayor) had visited me at my residence. She told me that the media is showing incorrect things about my daughter, which is not good. She said that they have come to put an end to it. I was being told that this was suicide and nothing else. Police told me that they have her phone call records, places where she went and people she met. So, I was misled, that there was no false play, that it was a suicide," he said.

Disha Salian died on June 8, 2020, six days before her client and actor Sushant Singh Rajput allegedly committed suicide in his apartment in Bandra.

This development came on the heels of the CBI reportedly submitting a closure report on the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput in 2020. (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS (0)
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
 
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
'Nepo kid hamari field mein glorify zyad...
17 cuts in L2 Empuraan movie decided by ...
Hugh Jackman teases new video of 'Three ...
Bruce Springsteen to release seven 'Lost...
'Committed to honouring legacy of iconic...
First look images from Arnold Schwarzene...
More...
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
'Welcomed by country...': BJP leader Jag...
'Government failed to provide solution.....
'Will continue to protest against Bill':...
'Chances that judiciary will declare it ...
'Dissatisfaction in minds of people': RJ...
'Muslims will hugely benefit from Waqf A...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
Canada announces 25% tariff on US v... 
IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva warn... 
"They have taken negative stand..."... 
"Government failed to provide solut... 
"Will continue to protest against B... 
"Chances that judiciary will declar... 
"Dissatisfaction in minds of people... 
"Muslims will hugely benefit from W...