Thursday, August 20, 2026
News

"Aid shipments have been restored": Zelensky confirms resumed US aid

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

Kyiv | July 12, 2025 11:45:12 PM IST
Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky has confirmed that US military aid shipments to Ukraine have resumed, following a temporary suspension earlier this month, RT reported.

"We have received political signals at the highest level, good signals, including from the United States and from our European friends. According to all reports, aid shipments have been restored," Zelensky said in his daily video address on Friday, as quoted by RT.

RT reported that the weapons shipments had been paused for nearly two weeks after the Pentagon halted deliveries, reportedly due to concerns over depleting stockpiles.

The pause drew significant attention after reports surfaced that US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth had ordered the suspension without consulting President Donald Trump or the State Department. According to RT, Trump has since pledged to restart the supply of arms and authorised the resumption of aid.

Zelensky added that Ukraine would continue its military cooperation with Washington. "We will continue our military cooperation with the United States, and we are expecting new deliveries from our European partners," RT quoted him as saying.

Citing Politico, RT reported that Trump plans to use the Presidential Drawdown Authority to approve a new $300 million aid package, which may include Patriot air defense systems. Trump also told NBC that he had finalised a deal to sell weapons to NATO, which would subsequently be transferred to Ukraine.

RT noted that Zelensky's announcement comes at a critical time for Ukraine, as its forces struggle to hold positions on multiple sections of the front line, facing mounting casualties and territorial setbacks.

Meanwhile, the Kremlin has reiterated that continued arms deliveries will not alter the course of the conflict. RT reported that Russia views NATO's military support as direct involvement in the war and insists that a halt to such assistance remains a key condition for any potential ceasefire. (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS ()
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
 
MORE WORLD NEWS
China's crackdown on Tibet intensifies a...
India delivers medical supplies to Kabul...
US rights body provokes again, seeks to ...
'Is this pact heading towards much-wante...
Trump says US has 'draconian sanctions' ...
Netanyahu says Israel sent 'clear messag...
More...
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
UP students send Rakhis, messages to PM,...
Andhra govt running away from District S...
ICF, RCF, MCF to manufacture 238 AC EMU ...
'False, fabricated posts: BJP's Sudhansh...
Agriculture in Bihar on path of progress...
Punjab Minister Harpal Cheema directs Re...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
Delhi Master Plan 2047 has housing,... 
'Scary Movie 6' set to release on P... 
"Maybe that was her tactic...": PV ... 
Digital BRICS Forum and Expo held a... 
Gujarat Government inks MoU with Am... 
Telangana MPs raise pending project... 
Lawyers protest at BCI office, dema... 
Satwik-Chirag battle past Malaysia'...