Friday, February 20, 2026
News

India contributes to Nepal PM Disaster Relief Fund to support victims of floods, landslides

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

Kathmandu | October 5, 2024 11:11:45 AM IST
Nepal Prime Minister's Disaster Relief fund received more contributions on Saturday after the Oriental Insurance Company Ltd from India, LIC Nepal Ltd, and Nepal SBI Bank Ltd sent in more help to support the victims of floods and landslides in the country.

Sharing a post on X, the Embassy of India in Kathmandu wrote, "LIC Nepal Ltd, Nepal SBI Bank Ltd and the Oriental Insurance Company Ltd India contributed to Nepal PM Disaster Relief Fund to support victims of the recent floods and landslides in Nepal."

https://x.com/IndiaInNepal/status/1842403301951992312

Indian Ambassador to Nepal, Naveen Srivastava expressed his heartfelt condolences to Nepal after the Himalayan nation was battered by heavy flooding and landslides in a massive disaster last week, and reaffirmed India's commitment to providing assistance in relief and reconstruction efforts.

In a gesture of solidarity, Srivastava conveyed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's message to Nepal's Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli and assured that 'India stands in solidarity with the people of Nepal at this difficult time.'

"I convey on our behalf and the Government of India, sincere condolences for the recent floods that have caused tremendous loss of lives and damage to the property," the ambassador said.

"As Prime Minister Narendra Modi wrote in a letter to KP (Sharma) Oli, the Prime Minister of Nepal; India stands in solidarity with the people of Nepal at this difficult time, We are also ready to extend all possible assistance as required by the Government of Nepal for its relief and reconstruction efforts. We look forward, as in the past, to further cooperation in these efforts for our people," he added.

After the heavy rainfall since last week of September, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority recently issued warnings of possible heavy rainfall across various locations in Bagmati and Koshi, urging people to exercise caution while travelling.

The death toll from the rain-induced disaster, which began last Saturday, has risen to 241, with 29 still missing, according to the Armed Police Force (APF). (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS ()
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
 
MORE WORLD NEWS
UAE's Burj Khalifa celebrates India's AI...
'The energy here is amazing,' says Colum...
Russian scientists develop high-efficien...
US Indo-Pacific Commander's visit streng...
India-Australia discuss expanding bilate...
47-year-old convicted of duping firm wit...
More...
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
'Is this Ram Rajya?' Rabri Devi slams Bi...
Youtber attacked by mob in Hyderabad's ...
Youth slits his own throat at Ambedkar C...
Uttarakhand PHQ orders tightened court s...
Mallikarjun Kharge greets people of Mizo...
Rahul Gandhi to appear before Sultanpur ...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
Russian scientists develop high-eff... 
Nick Jonas wears Priyanka Chopra's ... 
Rahul Gandhi condemns attacks on Ka... 
Youth doesn't believe in "negative ... 
"Rahul Gandhi should apologise": An... 
From Runway to Boardroom: CIAL Aero... 
Rahul Dravid Endorses Colgate Total... 
IPTEX GRINDEX 2026 to drive the Gea...