Sunday, May 24, 2026
News

Robert Downey Jr teases another 'Sherlock Holmes' film, says decision rests with wife Susan

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

Washington DC | May 20, 2026 10:23:36 PM IST
Robert Downey Jr and his wife, Susan Downey, are keeping fans guessing about the future of the Sherlock Holmes franchise, according to People.

Speaking at the 2026 Lincoln Center Spring Gala, Robert teased the possibility of another film in the popular detective series but said the final decision ultimately rests with Susan, who produced both the 2009 and 2011 films.

"I don't know," Robert said when asked about a possible follow-up to Sherlock Holmes and its sequel. "People are talking about it, but she's the producer," he said, gesturing toward Susan.

The actor further joked that Susan would "have the last word" on whether another film gets made. Responding with a smile, Susan said, "It's the greatest mystery," as per the outlet.

Directed by Guy Ritchie, the 'Sherlock Holmes' films starred Robert as the iconic detective and Jude Law as Dr. Watson. The franchise also featured performances by Rachel McAdams, Mark Strong, Noomi Rapace and Jared Harris.

Reports about a third Sherlock Holmes film first surfaced in 2016, with distributor Warner Bros. said to be developing the project. Although the film was later scheduled for release in 2021, it eventually disappeared from the studio's release slate.

The Lincoln Center Spring Gala honoured the Downeys for their contribution to entertainment. The venue is currently hosting the Broadway revival of Ragtime. Robert had earlier made his Broadway debut there in Ayad Akhtar's play McNeal in 2024.

The gala was attended by several Hollywood stars, including Daniel Radcliffe, Paul Bettany, Tessa Thompson and Oscar Isaac, according to People.

Robert and Susan also run the entertainment banner Team Downey, which has backed projects such as Perry Mason, The Sympathizer and Play Dirty. (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS (0)
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
 
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
Vipul Amrutlal Shah expresses excitement...
Donald Trump Jr., Bettina Anderson file ...
'No one has called me yet': Vashu Bhagna...
'May 23!! the date I cannot forget!!': N...
Miley Cyrus receives Hollywood Walk of F...
Akhil Akkineni starrer Lenin teaser out,...
More...
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
Uttarakhand govt reshuffles bureaucracy;...
'If it's in national interest, I'm fine'...
CEC Gyanesh Kumar reviews poll preparati...
Keralam govt transfers several IAS offic...
Students face portal, payment issues; Dh...
Maharashtra: Maoists' Arms Manufacturing...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
Trump talks to gulf allies on draft... 
Uttarakhand: Massive forest fire in... 
Uttarakhand govt reshuffles bureauc... 
West Bengal announces free bus trav... 
"Good to see that US-India relation... 
Delhi to overhaul property registra... 
US, Iran close to extending ceasefi... 
DMK youth wing passes resolution co...