Monday, February 16, 2026
News

Rohit Shetty residence firing case: Six more accused arrested from Rajasthan

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

By Prashant Pandey

Mumbai (Maharashtra) | February 16, 2026 1:21:02 PM IST
Six more individuals have been arrested in connection with the shooting incident outside filmmaker Rohit Shetty's Juhu's residence.

As per Mumbai Police Crime Branch, the accused were caught in Rajasthan and are being brought to Mumbai.

A total of 11 people have been arrested so far.

Recently, in the wake of the incident, the Indian Motion Picture Producers' Association (IMPPA) wrote a letter to Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, urging the state government's intervention to ensure a swift investigation and appropriate security measures.

In its letter, IMPPA described the incident as "deeply concerning", stating that it has caused "anxiety and apprehension" in the film fraternity.The association also noted that such events can create an atmosphere of "fear and insecurity" among the artists, producers, and technicians, among others.

"Rohit Shetty has not only made immense contributions to Indian cinema but has also consistently stood by the nation whenever called upon, extending his support to social causes and national initiatives in times of need in the larger interest of society. It is therefore deeply concerning that such an incident should occur at his residence," IMPPA said, as per the letter.

Voicing its concern over the matter, the association added, "This alarming incident has understandably caused anxiety and apprehension within our film fraternity, and we are concerned that events of this nature may create an atmosphere of fear and insecurity among artists, producers, technicians and the many individuals who dedicate themselves to contributing to the cultural and economic strength of our state."

Seeking the state government's support in preventing such incidents in the future, it said, "We respectfully request your immediate intervention to ensure a swift, thorough, and transparent investigation into the matter. We also urge that appropriate security measures be reinforced to reassure Rohit Shetty, his family, and the entire entertainment fraternity. We are confident that under your leadership, firm steps will be taken to uphold law and order and to prevent any recurrence of such disturbing incidents."

At least five rounds were fired by a group of assailants outside Rohit Shetty's Juhu residence on February 1. (ANI)

 
  LATEST COMMENTS ()
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
 
 
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
Rohit Shetty residence firing case: Six ...
'I am very happy for my team..': Mahie ...
Pap Diaries: Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma...
Rohit Sharma all smiles as he returns to...
Juhi Chawla attends Mahashivratri celebr...
'Jiya ho Bihar Ke Lala': Suryakumar Yada...
More...
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates arrives ...
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan chairs...
'World is coming to India': PM Modi welc...
'Congress wins only with DMK support': B...
ECI suspends 7 West Bengal officials for...
Delhi's air quality remains 'poor', AQI ...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
India's retail market to more than ... 
Rashid Khan becomes first cricketer... 
AI will reshape jobs, not eliminate... 
Leaders switching parties common be... 
Bhupen Kumar Borah resigns from Ass... 
MHA plans nationwide CCTV and contr... 
USISPF Chief hails India-US interim... 
"Holding the Summit in India recogn...