Cisco Showcases Vision to Simplify Networking and Securely Connect the World
- The company's vision for Cisco Networking Cloud will create a simpler network management platform experience to help customers easily access and manage all Cisco networking products from one place.
- New innovations include SSO, API key exchange/repository, sustainable data center networking solutions and expanded network assurance with Cisco ThousandEyes.
- Cisco Networking Cloud will dramatically simplify IT, with a more flexible Cisco Catalyst switch stack, improved visibility into data center power and energy consumption, and new AI data center blueprints to improve performance and visibility for network operators.
LAS VEGAS, June 6, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- CISCO LIVE -- Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is on a mission to simplify IT, today announcing its vision for Cisco Networking Cloud, an integrated management platform experience for both on-prem and cloud operating models.
Building a Better Future for Cisco Customers and Partners
Managing networks in today's era of connecting everyone, everywhere is hard. According to Cisco's State of Global Innovation report, 85% of IT professionals indicate they value simplicity in their IT systems. Simplicity becomes increasingly important with the advancement of cloud, IoT, Wi-Fi + 5G, AI/ML, and security. With so many technologies and applications coming together, it can be difficult for IT staff to deliver a consistent, unified experience whether in the office, at home, or on the go.
A simplified IT experience influences customer satisfaction, employee retention, and competitive differentiation. Cisco recognizes the struggles with fragmentation, lack of visibility, security threats, and time-consuming integration that get in the way of delivering better experiences. It understands that the journey to simplification is defined by each operator's business objectives, functional needs, and preferred consumption model. Whether the use cases require on-premises delivery, cloud-enabled delivery or anything in between, Cisco is meeting IT where they are.
The Vision for Cisco Networking Cloud
As part of its journey to simplification, Cisco has been working to create a simpler network management platform experience to help customers easily access and navigate its platforms to manage all Cisco networking products from one place. Featuring cloud-driven automation, rich network insights, and innovation through its partner ecosystem, Cisco Networking Cloud will accelerate the delivery of unified experiences and drive measurable business outcomes.
"Today we are sharing our vision and first steps to eliminate networking complexity and securely connect the world," said Jonathan Davidson, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Cisco Networking. "Only Cisco has the portfolio, experience, and partner ecosystem to bring together campus and branch, data center, compute, IoT, and SD-WAN to optimize outcomes using one networking management platform to deliver unified experiences."
From Vision to Value: Innovation Launching Today
- As a first step, Cisco is delivering the following components across its existing networking products portfolio, which will increase operational simplicity, efficiency, and reliability:
- Single sign-on (SSO) simplifying access across Cisco networking platforms.
- API key exchange/repository, when linked with SSO, making it easier for Cisco networking platforms to connect and exchange data through automation to reduce friction and opportunities for error.
- Cross-platform navigation, delivering more seamless navigation between Cisco networking platforms.
- Common user interface across Cisco networking platforms, bringing greater consistency and ease of use across a customer's operational functions.
- Elevating the power of the network with end-to-end assurance and expanded cloud monitoring capabilities:
- Cisco ThousandEyes for end-to-end network assurance over any network: ThousandEyes delivers expanded visibility, automated insights, and seamless workflows to assure digital experiences across any networkâ€”whether on premises, the internet, or in the cloud. New innovations include:
- Expanded visibility into internet and cloud networks with new vantage points on Meraki MX and Webex RoomOS devices.
- Faster insights into incidents impacting digital experiences with new automated Event Detection plus unmatched insight into your AWS connections for enhanced troubleshooting.
- Seamless workflows with simplified ThousandEyes endpoint deployment with Cisco Secure Client, adding to ThousandEyes' already rich set of ecosystem integrations, including data export via OpenTelemetry.
- Cloud Monitoring for Catalyst to view, troubleshoot and manage Catalyst devices: Enhancements to the Meraki dashboard will now support new capabilities for Cisco Catalyst switches including a CLI view, image management, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Simplifying operations with an easier, more predictable, and more scalable Cisco Catalyst stack, improved visibility into data center power consumption insights and energy footprints, and new AI data center blueprints:
- Simplified branding for the Cisco Catalyst Stack: Cisco is now connecting the power and flexibility of the Catalyst brand across the entire enterprise networking stack with Catalyst Center (formerly DNA Center), Catalyst Software and Licensing (formerly DNA Software and Licensing), Catalyst Wireless, Catalyst Switching, Catalyst Routing, and Catalyst SD-WAN (formerly Cisco SD-WAN or Viptela SD-WAN).
- New Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN Consumption Model: With cloud-delivered Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN, customers can now consume SD-WAN as a utility with a flexible subscription model. Customers can simply purchase and have the SD-WAN software and services spun up in minutes. Cisco will be responsible for management of the underlying delivery of the SD-WAN fabric automating solution with zero-touch lifecycle deployment and management.
- Simplified Licensing Options: Starting with Cisco Catalyst switches, new licensing combines hardware and software support into a single subscriptionâ€”simplifying buying and renewing.
- Sustainable Data Center Networking Bolstered by new integrations for Cisco data center networking and Nexus Dashboard, customers will gain real-time and historical insights for power consumption of all IT equipment in their data center and estimate the energy footprint of their data center operations.
- AI Data Center Blueprint for Networking: Leveraging Cisco experience with customer deployments, the Cisco AI/ML data center network blueprint will give customers a new and proven solution for high performance compute, InfiniBand to Ethernet network migrations, and large-scale ML fabrics. With visibility into AI workloads via Cisco Nexus Dashboard and automation templates, customers can meet the demand for specific network performance characteristics such as deterministic load-balancing, line-rate transmission, congestion management and no drop characteristics with their Cisco Nexus 9000 and NX-OS implementations.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that securely connects everything to make anything possible. Our purpose is to power an inclusive future for all by helping our customers reimagine their applications, power hybrid work, secure their enterprise, transform their infrastructure, and meet their sustainability goals. Discover more on The Newsroom and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Logo - https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/813707/Cisco_v2_Logo.jpg
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/cisco-showcases-vision-to-simplify-networking-and-securely-connect-the-world-301843709.html
More News by PR Newswire India
Digital Prosperity Awards Garner Global Recognition with Hundreds of Submissions
ViewSonic Develops Comprehensive EDLA Lineup with New ViewBoard IFP52-2 Series
SAP Announces New Generative AI Assistant Joule
Shanghai Electric Showcases Multiple World-Class Scientific and Technological Innovations at the China International Industrial Fair 2023 in Shanghai
Pixalate's H1 2023 EMEA Mobile App Ad Supply Chain Report: 39% Mobile Open Programmatic Ad Revenue in Europe Attributed to Cyprus-based Developers
Pixalate Releases H1 2023 EMEA Connected TV (CTV) Ad Supply Chain Report: 58% YoY Decline in Open Programmatic CTV Ad Spend
InterGlobix wins Fast-Growing Company Award at the Second Annual Incredible Inc. 50 Awards
Are We Stuck in a 'Travel Bubble'? Travel Habits Exposed in Global Survey
Bison Development Unveils Glenhill - Ultra-Luxury, Contemporary Homes Coming Soon to Raleigh
CGTN: How does China act to build a global community of shared future?
RocketReach introduces AI-powered features and unprecedented data quality
First-of-its-Kind Net-Zero Carbon Life Sciences & Tech Facility Coming to Boulder, Colorado
New Version of Solace Event Portal Software Enables Unprecedented Visibility, Management and Control of Apache Kafka Deployments
The Power of Integration: Plesk and Sitejet Revolutionize Website Design and Management for Web Professionals, SMBs, and Agencies
BICES 2023: XCMG Machinery Takes Center Stage with Intelligent and Eco-Friendly Construction Machinery
Infosys collaborates with Microsoft to accelerate and democratize industry-wide adoption of generative AI
ACX's technology to power Indonesia Carbon Exchange
Bitget's Smart Portfolio Bot Enables Sophisticated Crypto Trading For Users
CMF by Nothing Unveils Debut Products
SAMCO launches its Trade API: Pioneering Algo Trading for Large-Volume Traders
Clarivate Establishes Academia & Government Innovation Incubator and Acquires Alethea, an AI Student Engagement Solution
Kavalan Secures 4th Consecutive ISC World Whisky Producer Title
iMocha, alongside other partners, wins the 'Best Catalyst - Culture and Talent' Award at TM Forum's Digital Transformation World (DTW) 2023
HIVENTURES INVESTS IN HUNGARIAN STARTUP THAT CREATES A FUTURE WITHOUT BARRIERS
Mango TV's Reality Show Call Me By Fire 3 Goes Viral, More International Artists Seeking to Perform in China
Clean-Tech Innovator, ReCircle, Raises Pre Series-A Round from Flipkart Ventures, 3i Partners & Acumen Fund Inc. to Fuel Innovation & Growth
11th White Page Leadership Conclave 2023, Dubai UAE featuring Global Inspirational Leaders, Asia's Women Power Leaders, Global Power Leaders 2023, and Power List (Brands) 2023
LyondellBasell Demonstrates Commitment to Sustainability with Launch of +LC (Low Carbon) Solutions
Brambles' 2023 Sustainability Review: Pathway to Regeneration
Luxury, Art, and Stardom in the spotlight at The Chanakya with an exclusive Art exhibit by Masha Art.
Stockify goes fully Digital, offers Mutual Funds and Dematerialization of shares
VIVOTEK Supports Taiwan-Owned Entity in Elevating Building Security & Surveillance Efficiency in the USA
SOAS and Asian International Arbitration Centre, Malaysia, sign Memorandum of Understanding and host London International Arbitration Colloquium
CGTN: 'Everyone's contributor': How China advances common prosperity through opening-up, rural revitalization
Global Times: China's strength, confidence and hospitality on full display at 19th Asian Games
Cignal TV taps Quickplay platform for Pilipinas Live global sports app
Fiera Capital Celebrates Its 20th Anniversary
THE GLEN GRANT DEVOTION 70-YEAR-OLD SELLS FOR Â£81,250 ($101,300 USD) AT AUCTION WITH PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT THE ROYAL SCOTTISH FORESTRY SOCIETY
ArÃ§elik showcases climate action commitments at UN General Assembly with ambitious sustainable development goals
PRADA SPRING/SUMMER 2024 WOMENSWEAR SHOW
Boehringer Ingelheim India joins forces with Pet Practitioners Association of Mumbai (PPAM) and Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) to 'Stop Rabies' in Mumbai
Supermicro Introduces New All-in-One Open RAN System Optimized for Telco Edge Data Centers with Built-in Intel vRAN Boost
NBA DELIVERS MOST-WATCHED SEASON EVER IN INDIA WITH MORE THAN 100 MILLION UNIQUE VIEWERS ACROSS LINEAR AND DIGITAL PLATFORMS
71% of senior business technology decision makers are disappointed with B2B marketing content
Overloaded: 89% of Indian consumers think there are 'too many' subscription services to choose from now
EU group names Trina Solar Decarbonisation Leader
Huawei Accelerates the Commercial Market Advancement and Helps SMEs Go Digital and Intelligent
Senores Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announces the launch of Nicardipine Hydrochloride Capsules USP, 20 mg and 30 mg in the U.S. market
"From Ziquejie Terraces to the World" - An Invitation for Reaching the Ziquejie Consensus on Terrace Preservation and Development to the World
Huawei's Brand-New Digital and Intelligent Foundation Upgrades Aviation and Rail Industries
Cashfree Payments partners with Shopify to launch onsite payments for Indian merchants
EQT PRIVATE EQUITY TO SELL LIMACORPORATE TO ENOVIS: THE ITALIAN SITE IN SAN DANIELE DEL FRIULI WILL REMAIN THE FULCRUM OF PRODUCTION, BENEFITING FROM NEW INVESTMENTS
Celebrating the Grand Opening of Doo Group's New Hong Kong Office: A Promising Start to an Exciting Future
Huawei Launches the Global Intelligent Education Showcase to Accelerate Digitalization in Education
Xinhua Silk Road: China int'l service trade fair highlights new features of China's trade, open economy
Over 20,000 avail benefit at free mega health camp organised by Chandigarh Welfare Trust to celebrate 73rd birthday of PM Modi
Huawei Accelerates Intelligent Healthcare with the Innovative Digital Medical Technology Solution
Huawei High-Quality 10 Gbps CloudCampus Accelerates Intelligent Transformation Across Industries
Hexaware Appoints Anton Tomchenko as Chief Revenue & Solutions Officer for Digital & Software Services
Xinhua Silk Road: Dev't index witnesses progress of int'l shipping center construction in Shanghai
Pierre Fabre Laboratories and Vernalis announce a drug discovery collaboration in oncology
Religare Broking Takes A Global Leap to Serve NRIs: Hosted IGI Conference in Dubai
Artmarket.com: France obtains the maintenance of VAT at the reduced rate of 5.5% on the Art Market, a major victory with very considerable advantages according to Artprice.
Safer, Inclusive Schools Critical for Children's Learning: Coalition for Good Schools
LRQA verifies Bridgestone's plant in India as carbon neutral against international standard PAS 2060
A23 launches new brand campaign featuring Shah Rukh Khan; Unveils new A23 Poker app
VVDN Technologies and Axiado Collaborate on Open Compute Platform Compliant data center and Telco O-RAN servers
Huawei Upgrades the CloudWAN 3.0 Solution, Accelerating the Intelligent Era
Redefine Security with the All-New Huawei HiSec Intelligent Security Portfolio and the Powerful HiSec SASE Security Solution
Huawei Launches Three Product Portfolios for the Commercial Market to Build High-Quality Connections
GET THAT 'CAN'T WAIT TO WINTER' FEELING IN ABU DHABI
Come Discover Colorful Guiyang featuring "Thousand Parks, Thousand Paths"
Casio to Release League of Legends G-SHOCK Watches
Campus With A Conscience hosts a week-long UN festival
France Announces â‚¬40 Million in New Funding to Education Cannot Wait at Global Citizen Festival
CGTN: 'Heart to Heart': How can Hangzhou Asiad boost unity, friendship across Asia?
Education Icon Awards 2023 organized by Kiteskraft Productions LLP
Office of the Executive Committee of the WMC: Anhui Strengthens Scientific and Technological Innovation Capacity to Attract Multinational Enterprises
SAUDI ARABIA UNVEILS TOP TOURISM LEADERS AND GLOBAL MINISTERS IN SPEAKER LINEUP FOR WORLD TOURISM DAY 2023
TECNO Globally Launches PHANTOM V Flip 5G: Representing Flip in Style and Perfect in Pocket