New Research Reveals Risk Factors to Business Success in a Post-Pandemic World
Economist Impact survey of 2,000 business leaders, sponsored by Cognizant, shows key challenges include competing priorities, deriving value from technology investments, addressing a talent and skills gap, and sustaining action on ESG
- Approximately 90% of respondents cited competing strategic imperatives, including data-driven ways of working, digital business models, and aligning operations with these new ways to work.
- Over 60% of respondents are planning for or have already begun adopting advanced technology such as quantum computing, blockchain, and robotics. Yet nearly 50% claim they are not achieving significant value from existing technology investments.
- Nearly half of respondents, approximately 46%, recognize they lack the internal talent necessary to implement and utilize advanced technologies.
- An overwhelming nine out of 10 respondents recognize attention to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues is an essential aspect of being a modern business; only 35% are currently incorporating ESG into company strategy.
TEANECK, N.J., Aug. 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ --
Cognizant today introduced The Future-Ready Business Benchmark, research from Economist Impact, commissioned by Cognizant. This comprehensive survey of business leaders across eight industries and 10 countries is aimed at understanding the state of the modern business and how leaders are preparing for long-term success in a post-pandemic world. The research identifies three essential interrelated areas that leaders must prioritize to create a resilient, future-ready enterprise: 1) Realizing full value from accelerated technology adoption, 2) overhauling workforce strategies, and 3) closing the gap on thought and action in the face of growing environmental, social, and governance (ESG) challenges.
"Resilience is the new must-have capability for every organization that expects to thrive in this time of intensifying competition, ever-accelerating digital technology, and unpredictable global events," said Euan Davis, Head of Cognizant Research. "To succeed as a modern business, leaders must be ready for anything, and prioritization is key when everything seems equally critical. We've shown that savvy technology investment, attention on developing talent with new and expanded skillsets, and embedding and acting on an ESG agenda are core elements of focus on which leaders can build. The successful CxOs will build future-ready, resilient businesses by ensuring their organizations learn, adapt, and continually evolve."
Economist Impact surveyed 2,000 senior executives in 10 countries across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific to assess and compare their businesses across a range of metrics.
Survey highlights include these insights:
- Strategic clarity is muddled. Over 90% of business leaders surveyed say it is a strategic priority to adopt a data-driven approach and create a digital-first business model, with 37% citing both imperatives, along with the need to align operations with these new modes of working, as "business critical."
- Technology investment is accelerating beyond what has become the standard shopping list of cloud, advanced analytics, IoT and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) even while respondents say they are not yet realizing full value of existing investments. In addition to these foundational technologies, of which the vast majority of respondents, 80%, say they have adopted or plan to adopt, there is a growing appetite for an emerging set of technologies; over 60% of respondents say they plan to or are already adopting quantum computing, blockchain, and robotics.
- Workforce and talent management strategies need a major overhaul to prepare workers for new ways of work. Nearly half of respondents, at 46%, recognize they lack the skilled talent necessary to make productive use of advanced technologies. When asked about the biggest hurdles to implementing new processes, products, services and technologies over the last 12 months, the two most significant challenges were workforce-related: a lack of knowledgeable staff and a chronic lack of focus on preparing workers for the new ways of work. For example, just one-third, or 33%, of respondents are using data to identify and understand training needs and cultivate talent.
- Business resilience is at risk for companies that recognize ESG as a critical consideration but fail to take action to integrate ESG throughout the organization. Nine in 10 decision-makers, or 90%, recognize attending to ESG issues is an important aspect of being a modern business. However, there is a massive disconnect between recognition and action, with only 31% having dedicated staff and resources devoted to ESG, and only 35% incorporating ESG into company strategy. A slight majority, 54%, report setting and taking action on specific environmental targets, while only 44% currently measure social impact.
"Many businesses today are struggling to prepare for next month, let alone years from now," noted Vaibhav Sahgal, Principal at Economist Impact. "Firms genuinely embedding principles of future-readiness from our Future-Ready Business Benchmark into their operational realities will maintain and grow their competitive advantage. Our data validated the fact that it is particularly challenging to make progress on the matter when juggling a vast array of often competing priorities. Our guidance is to start where the gaps are most significant and dial up the focus on people; the benchmark offers tangible calls to action for businesses across countries and industries. A failure to embrace the volatility that is here to stay, and prioritize business plans and investments accordingly, puts your business at the risk of losing relevance."
The Future-Ready Business Benchmark, research from Economist Impact, supported by Cognizant, examines the state of businesses today in light of the needs of tomorrow. It was developed through a rigorous process of research, expert consultations, data collection and analysis. The benchmark reflects a range of key considerations and measures of future-readiness for multi-national firms from 10 developed economies and eight industries, spanning the external environment, business preparedness factors and current performance, and focused on cross-cutting themes including firm fundamentals, talent, technology and innovative ability, and ESG.
Read more about what it takes to be a future-ready business here.
Cognizant (Nasdaq: CTSH) engineers modern businesses. We help our clients modernize technology, reimagine processes and transform experiences so they can stay ahead in our fast-changing world. Together, we're improving everyday life. See how at www.cognizant.com or @cognizant.
For more information, contact:
Logo - https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1794711/Cognizant_Logo.jpg
More News by PR Newswire India
GLOBAL STANDARD OF CARE SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED DUE TO MENTAL HEALTH OF HEALTHCARE WORKERS
Vieworks to Showcase Industrial Cameras and Lenses at VISION 2022
Eviation's Alice Achieves Milestone with First Flight of All-Electric Aircraft
SAUDI ARABIA IS THE FASTEST GROWING TOURISM DESTINATION IN THE G20
Internet sensation Khaby Lame announced as QNB Group's Official FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022â„˘ Brand Ambassador
GIGABYTE Launches Z790 Series Motherboards Supporting Dual-Generation Intel Processors
Deltek Research to Unveil Top Federal Contracting Opportunities for 2023
ViewSonic Unveils Industry-First Foldable 135" All-in-One LED Display Solution Kit
NEOM Tech & Digital Company steps into the future as 'Tonomus'
Global Fab Equipment Spending Forecast to Reach All-Time High of Nearly $100 Billion in 2022, SEMI Reports
Kohler India celebrates their 10th Year of Pecha Kucha in New Delhi, India
U.S. Soy Sustainability Assurance Protocol (SSAP) Certificates Can Now Be Transferred
CP KELCO PARTNERS WITH EXOPOLYMER TO BRING NEXT-GENERATION FUNCTIONAL BIOPOLYMERS TO MARKET
Old Mission Selects Solace to Support Rapid Growth of Business through Event-Driven Architecture
GIGABYTE Launches Four AMD X670 Motherboards for New Ryzen 7000 Processors
SRK Knowledge Foundation announces transformational partnership with The Global Network for Zero
LyondellBasell Announces Organizational Changes
HarperCollins India presents HAPPILY INSURED: Your Guide to Understanding Insurance and Leading a Stress-Free Life by Kapil Mehta
Hisense Unveils Its FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022â„˘ TVC "Perfect Match" Ahead of Tournament
The 2022 4th "My China Story" International Short Video Competition Award Ceremony was held in Hangzhou, Zhejiang
Light up the festive season with 'Sale Dhamaka' on MSI's laptop range
GLOBAL LEADERS, EXPERTS, AND CULTURAL ICONS CONVENE AT THE MILKEN INSTITUTE ASIA SUMMIT TO CELEBRATE A TRANSFORMED WORLD
Bank of Baroda rolls out 'Khushiyon ka Tyohaar' as the Festive Season begins
XCMG New Port Machinery's High-end Intelligent Industrial Development Project Base Launches Production
NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR HEALTH AND CARE RESEARCH CONDUCTS A GLOBAL ANNUAL MEETING TO ADDRESS RESEARCH IN SURGERY IN INDIA
DEAKIN UNIVERSITY HUBS to be set up in India at OP Jindal Global University, Symbiosis International University and Chitkara University
TargEDys and Inoliva announce they have entered a distribution partnership to bring SatyliaÂ® to Turkey
Top 50 Start-ups Bringing Innovation to the Global Homes and Buildings Industry
How Healthcare Organizations Can Enhance a Holistic Patient and Member View by Improving Insights from Data
Tata AIA Life Fortune Guarantee Pension gets a powerful upgrade
PDRL aims to certify 10,000+ candidates on AeroMegh Platform in the Drone Industry by the year 2024
DAZN ACCELERATES GLOBAL GROWTH MOMENTUM WITH ACQUISITION OF ELEVEN GROUP BUSINESSES
GoingZero Big Diwali Sale: Up to 40% Discount And Free Shipping On Zero Waste Products
Slow-fashion brand FREECULTR becomes the official merchandise partner for FIFA 2022â„˘
Purple Quarter Facilitates HCAH's CTO, Ex-DealShare Techie Onboarded
Ghodawat Consumer awarded - Fastest growing FMCG Company of 2022
Cine Star Cricket League launched with television and entertainment industry's Divas
ELLE FANNING IS THE AMBASSADOR OF FAME, PACO RABANNE'S NEW FEMININE FRAGRANCE
Saudi Data, AI Authority (SDAIA) and Ministry of Energy Partner with IBM to Accelerate Sustainability Initiatives in Saudi Arabia Using AI
Unstoppable Women of Web3 Launches New Education Streams
PNAS Partners with Straive for Production Services
MOBILEUM convenes the region's leading telecom operators at WEMEET ASIA 2022
Bizverse has officially become a Meta long-term strategic partnership
STL divests IDS as a part of its ongoing portfolio realignment
Frost & Sullivan Honors Tampa Electric Company and Warren, Simpson & Butler County Water Districts with Itron Excellence in Resourcefulness Awards
Mindray Showcases Hematology Innovations and Academic Achievements to the World at ISLH 2022
Deepak Chopra & Seva.Love Announce "ChopraVerse: House of Enlightenment," the Metaverse for Wellbeing in Collaboration with Utopia
MSC TO DEVELOP AIR CARGO SOLUTION IN RESPONSE TO MARKET DEMAND
Harpercollins is proud to announce the upcoming release of The Anarchist Cookbook: A Toolkit to Protest and Peaceful Resistance by Aakar Patel Illustrations by PenPencilDraw
Saudi Arabia launches Nusuk, an integrated digital platform, to facilitate pilgrim journeys for visitors from around the world
MEIL's wholly owned subsidiary MeghaGas, now MCGDPL, to execute City Gas Distribution
Yabx emerges as a leader in digital lending platforms at the top Global Fintech Awards
FII Institute reveals the world's top priority is the rising cost of living
All about IBSAT - One of the Top MBA Entrance Exams in India
MAPIC India 2022 honors India's most admired retail and tech innovators at the MAPIC India Retail Awards
Hasiru Dala Innovations joins forces with Satma CE to give immutable waste traceability from collection to final product made from waste
Bank of Baroda launches Baroda Tiranga Deposits
Alicon Castalloy Limited wins large, multi-year order from Jaguar Land Rover for eMobility Platform
mCaffeine's Biggest Body Care Launch Gets an Overwhelming Response from the Audience: 1 Consumer Subscribed Every 3 Seconds for the Launch
On World Lung Day, Alkem Laboratories pledge to spread awareness about lung diseases through its initiative 'The Healthy Lungs'
LONGi is to showcase its award-winning Hi-MO 5 Series at the Renewable Energy India Expo 2022, unveiling its new Hydrogen Business exclusively for Indian customers
LEXUS INDIA ANNOUNCES MENTORS FOR THE LEXUS DESIGN AWARD INDIA 2023
Mane Kancor CEO Geemon Korah hailed as one of the best CEO's in India
SVKM's NMIMS signs an MoU with HTWG Konstanz, Germany, for short study and research
Top HR Chiefs from TTK Prestige, Silicon Labs, Virtusa, Bureau Veritas at Woxsen's Global HR Leadership Conclave 2022
Mastercard expands decades-long football legacy through GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSâ„˘ title with Luis Figo
Soroco and Whatfix Announce Strategic Partnership
ElevenEs produces a prototype of the largest LFP battery cell in Europe
SHEIN CELEBRATED "ROCK THE RUNWAY: SHEIN FOR ALL", ITS FW22 FASHION SHOW
Huawei Hosts the 9th Global Rail Summit in Berlin
Campus With A Conscience hosts a-week long SDG festival
Woxsen University spearheading the internationalisation of higher education in the region through brand new initiatives