Deepak Nitrite Reports Highest Ever Profitability in FY20
- Standalone Revenues at Rs. 526 crore vs. Rs. 488 crore in Q4 FY19, higher by 8%
- EBITDA at Rs. 185 crore vs. Rs. 111 crore in Q4 FY19, growth of 67%
- PAT at Rs. 116 crore vs. Rs. 57 crore in Q4 FY19, up by 106%
- FY20 Consolidated Turnover stood at Rs. 4,265 crore; EBITDA at Rs. 1,061 crore; PBT at Rs. 806 crore
- Commenced commercial production of Isopropyl Alcohol ('IPA') at Dahej
- Elevation of Shri Maulik Mehta as Executive Director & CEO
MUMBAI, May 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Deepak Nitrite Limited, one of India's leading chemical intermediates company, has announced its financial results for the quarter and financial year ended 31st March, 2020.
Deepak Nitrite Ltd.'s (DNL) financial performance for the quarter and full year reflects the strength of its robust manufacturing model with full backward integration and its multi-year relationships with leading global customers in over 30 countries. In addition to a robust performance on a standalone basis, Deepak Phenolics (DPL) has also delivered a robust performance in FY20 with healthy profitability despite cyclicality in Phenol and Acetone prices globally.
Commenting on the performance, Mr. Deepak C. Mehta, Chairman & Managing Director, said:
"I am glad to announce that we have ended FY20 on a positive note with record topline performance and highest ever PAT despite disruptions caused due to the CoVID-19 pandemic. We have ticked all boxes with volume growth, improved realisations as well as cost control. This was further supported by reduced finance costs and a favourable rate of corporate tax. The growth in the fourth quarter could have been slightly higher as we lost 10 days of production due to the national lockdown.
We responded quickly to the circumstances by implementing a Business Continuity Plan which focused on ensuring safety and security of all our employees and adhering to the guidelines recommended by the respective Government authorities. We have re-commenced manufacturing operations in a phased manner based on approvals from local authorities and are focused on safely and steadily increasing utilisation levels while exercising tight control over costs.
Even as we navigate through the disruption caused to the operating environment, we remain confident of the agility and nimbleness of our business operations and believe we are well positioned to rebound quickly as the operating environment stabilizes. In addition to capitalising on demand for intermediates in domestic and international markets, we are working on plans to forward integrate into downstream derivatives of phenol and acetone, of which, the first project for IPA has already commenced commercial production."
Financial Highlights (Standalone)
- Revenues stood at Rs. 526 crore in Q4 FY20 as compared to Rs. 488 crore in Q4 FY19, higher by 8% Y-o-Y. Revenue growth was impacted due to 10 days of lockdown in March. Performance was led by realisation gains in both Fine & Speciality Chemicals (FSC) and Performance Products (PP) segment.
- EBITDA for the quarter stood at Rs. 185 crore, higher by 67% when compared to Rs. 111 crore in the same period last year. Robust EBITDA growth is due to ability to capitalise on favourable pricing environment for products across segments. EBITDA margin was 35.2% in Q4 FY20 compared to 22.7% in Q4 FY19. All segments reported improved margins.
- PBT was at Rs. 160 crore in Q4 FY20, rising by 84% over Rs. 87.0 crore in the same period last year.
- PAT stood at Rs. 116 crore in Q4 FY20, as against Rs. 57 crore in Q4 FY19, registering growth of 106% on a y-o-y basis.
- EPS for Q4 FY20 was Rs. 8.52 per share (of face value of Rs. 2 each) as compared to Rs. 4.15 per share in Q4 FY19
Domestic & Exports
- Revenues from the domestic market stood at Rs. 264 crore in Q4 FY20 as against Rs. 345 crore in the same period last year. In order to take advantage of favourable pricing in global markets, some part of volumes were diverted towards exports. Further, some revenue de-growth is attributable to shutdown of manufacturing capacity for 10 days in March 2020 as a result of national lockdown.
- Revenues from exports were at Rs. 257 crore in Q4 FY20 compared to Rs. 138 crore in Q4 FY19, resulting in robust growth of 86% Y-o-Y. This was driven by robust demand for key products in the FSC and PP segment in export markets coupled with favourable trend in realisation.
Update on Deepak Phenolics Ltd.
- DPL ended FY20, it first full year of operations, with phenol production volumes just short of 200,000 tons or 100% capacity utilisation. The shortfall was due to shutdown of the plant for 10 days in March 2020 due to the nationwide lockdown. Operating a large, global scale plant at full capacity utilisation in the first complete financial year of operations is validation of the scale of effort, preparedness and efficient management of complex material logistics. In each quarter of financial year 2020, the performance has progressively improved and but for the shutdown, Q4 volumes and revenues would have surpassed the watermark achieved in Q3. DPL commenced commercial production of Isopropyl Alcohol ('IPA') at its manufacturing facility situated at Dahej, Gujarat effective April 21, 2020. This facility has capacity to manufacture 30,000 MT of IPA annually.
- IPA is a solvent primarily used by Pharmaceutical companies and is also used for manufacturing sanitizers.
- The Company has stated that it plans to develop capacities to produce value added derivatives of phenol and acetone through forward integration. The launch of the capacity to manufacture IPA represents the first step towards achieving the vision of developing a comprehensive basket of downstream derivatives.
- The company has acquired various parcels of land during the year for its expansion plans. This includes 127 acres acquired at Dahej, 1.4 acres acquired in Hyderabad adjoining its existing facility and 1.5 acres acquired in Roha again adjoining its existing facility. The Company has paid Rs. 141 crore in aggregate for these land parcels, which has been capitalized during the year.
- Deepak Nitrite has announced elevation of Shri Maulik Mehta as Executive Director & CEO with effect from 1st June, 2020 in place of Shri Umesh Asaikar who is retiring on 31st May, 2020 after completing his term of appointment, as approved by the Board of Directors at its meeting held on 26th May, 2020.
About Deepak Nitrite
Ranked among Fortune Next 500 and recognized among the top 25 wealth creators by Fortune Magazine, India, Deepak Nitrite (NSE: DEEPAKNTR) (BSE: 506401) is acknowledged as a major manufacturer of chemical intermediates. It has a diversified portfolio of intermediates that cater to the dyes and pigments, agrochemical, pharmaceutical, plastics, textiles, paper and home and personal care segments in India and overseas. Its products are manufactured across five locations, which are all accredited by Responsible Care.
Some of the statements in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include our financial and growth projections as well as statements concerning our plans, strategies, intentions and beliefs concerning our business and the markets in which we operate. These statements are based on information currently available to us, and we assume no obligation to update these statements as circumstances change. There are risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events to differ materially from these forward-looking statements. These risks include, but are not limited to, the level of market demand for our services, the highly-competitive market for the types of services that we offer, market conditions that could cause our customers to reduce their spending for our services, our ability to create, acquire and build new businesses and to grow our established businesses, our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, currency fluctuations and market conditions in India and elsewhere around the world, and other risks not specifically mentioned herein but those that are common to industry.
Head - Corporate Affairs & Communication
Deepak Nitrite Ltd.
More News by PR Newswire India
CF PharmTech, Inc. Closes a US $50M Series F Financing to Accelerate the Commercialization of its Inhalation Products.
KÃ¶rber Unveils Next-Generation Sorter for Supply Chain Automation
Cyient Launches Empowering Tomorrow Together
TUMI Builds On Legacy Of Innovation Through Sustainability
NCCN: What People with Cancer and their Caregivers Need to Know about CAR T-Cell Therapy
REC Group Wins Prestigious Intersolar Award 2020 for its Powerful Alpha Solar Panels
LED High-beam Technology is the Future of Automotive Headlights in Europe
Thermo Fisher Scientific Launches New MAS Omni Infectious Disease Quality Controls
Svatantra's Home Insurance Helping Amphan Affected Rebuild Their Houses
Awards USD$1 Million Prize, HUAWEI HMS App Innovation Contest Goes Global
Zhejiang Export Online Fair Launches Business Matchmaking Program on Ball Bearings & Textile Machinery
Compuware Mainframe DevOps Integrations Further Automate Shift-left Testing
Exotel Helps Over 15,000 Agents Switch to Remote Work During the Pandemic, Powers Enterprises
Singapore Business Agency: Companies Eager to Attend CIIE
Marg ERP Launches 'My Shop QRID' to Maintain Social Distancing Between Buyer & Seller in COVID-19 Period
Clarivate Introduces Next Generation Insights Platform with Cortellis Generics Intelligence
CoinPayments Announces New Branding as Part of 2020 Growth Plans
Handheld Announces Major Upgrades to its Popular NAUTIZ X2 All-in-one Android Rugged Computer
Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital Treats Indonesia's First Patient on Varian's Halcyon System
Skyscanner Reveals Five Tips for Travel Insurance Postâ€¯COVID-19
Next Story Group Launches Safe With Us
How to Build Back a Low-Carbon Economy Globally: RMI Stimulus Series
Far East Hospitality Makes Bold Move with Official Opening of Far East Village Hotel Ariake
SecurityHQ, Formerly Known as Si Consult, Reveals New Brand Identity
INEOS Automotive Reveals the Design of Its Upcoming 4x4, the Grenadier
Almost Half of Children Are Not Always Using Soap When Washing Hands at School, New Survey by the Global Hygiene Council Finds
Small Businesses May Be Image Thieves Without Even Knowing It
Agora Announces Closing of Initial Public Offering and Full Exercise of the Underwriters' Overallotment Option
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards Recognize the Asia-Pacific 2020 Leading Companies
SkyFoundry Commended by Frost & Sullivan for Its Groundbreaking Energy Management Platform, SkySparkÂ®
Manipal Hospitals Performs Quadruple Valve Procedure for the First Time in Karnataka Amidst Pandemic
IMG Begins Fourth Annual 'Leave Your Mark' Global Outreach Essay Contest
ImageWareÂ® Launches IP Licensing Monetization Program And Engages ipCapital Group
UNWTO and Sommet Education Offer 30 Scholarships Through "Hospitality Challenge"
SmartenApps Integrates Smarten Augmented Analytics With Shopify eCommerce for Data Analytics and Reporting
Shoolini University Gets QS Certification
Edelweiss Decodes Sustainability for MSMEs as Part of International MSME Day
One Drop Commended by Frost & Sullivan for Its Industry-leading Connected Glucose Meter and Smartphone Application
Pitamber Shivnani Appointed Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of GE T&D India Limited
Zhejiang Hisun Pharmaceutical: COVID-19 Pandemic Brought Under Control in China With Favipiravir Showing Excellent Clinical Results
Manorama Industries YoY PAT up by 22%
Naver, Leading Online Search Platform in South Korea and Creator of the LINE Messenger App, Deploys Bright Pattern Contact Center Software
FarEye Partners With Blue Yonder to Enhance Logistics Execution, Collaboration, and Visibility
WeBank, Huawei and KPMG Share Insights on Fighting COVID - 19 with FinTech
Car Makers Ramp Up Electric Vehicle Production Capacity in Thailand, Investment Board Says
Averna Releases New Smart Data Management Solution
SAMSUNG SDI obtains a license from CAMX for its GEMXâ„¢ advanced battery cathode material platform
XCMG Foundation Machinery Completes Challenging Public Transportation Work, Aiding Regional Economical and Industrial Development
Chandigarh University Comes to Rescue of Indian Students Who Have the Dream of Studying Abroad
Sweeping Workplace Changes Expected in a Post-pandemic World, Says Research From The Adecco Group
Santen and Singapore's Health-tech Start-up, Plano Form a Strategic Alliance to Tackle the Global Burden of Myopia
The 2nd Edition of the Global Business Barometer Improves but Executives Still See the Economy and Their Businesses in the Survival Phase
Arman Financial Reports Highest Ever Annual Profit After Tax of â‚¹ 41.5 Crores in FY20
Clean Energy Can Support India's Economic Recovery post-COVID-19
Thrombosis Research Institute (TRI) Announce ETHIC Trial to Evaluate the Potential Benefits of Early Administration of LMWH in Patients with COVID-19
AOBiome Reports Successful Clinical Trials (Phase 2a in Adults and Phase 1b in Pediatrics) in Pruritus (Itch) Associated with Atopic Dermatitis: Initiates Phase 2b Clinical Trial in Adults
Bajaj Financial Securities Offers Equity F&O Trade at Flat Rs. 5 Per Order
Pantum Wins Bid to Supply Printers and Ensures After-Sales Services for Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
The Alliance to End Plastic Waste and China Petroleum and Chemical Industry Federation Partner to Jointly Tackle Plastic Waste in China
D-Link PoE Unmanaged Surveillance Switch Series Offers Solution that is Simple, Scalable, and Resilient
AVOXI Integrates Salesforce, Dynamics and Zoho Into Their Cloud Communications Platform
HighJump Named to SDCE 100 Top Supply Chain Projects for 2020
Wilbur-Ellis Kicks Off 100th Anniversary Celebration With New Website and Giving Program That Benefits the Red Cross
Clarivate Releases Web of Science Journal Citation Reports to Identify the World's Leading Journals
RevImmune Announces Phase II Trial of the T-Cell Growth Factor CYT107 for COVID-19
Acronis Lauded by Frost & Sullivan for its Breakthrough Integrated Data Protection Solution, Acronis Cyber Protect
How to Recognize Side-Effects from Immunotherapy? New NCCN Guidelines for Patients can Help
Viviana Mall Honours Excellence in Retail
Rajshri Entertainment's Bollywood Now is the 3rd Most Viewed Page on Facebook
RAGC - Helping Students to Keep Their Dreams Alive
Sunando Banerjee, The Gastronomic Engineering Cartoonist, Shares Insights on Future of Supply Chain
OKEx Lists COMP Governance Token From DeFi's Largest Platform Compound
Innoviti Enhances ESOP Pool to US $10 Million
Asia's First-ever Continuous Galvanized Rebar Manufacturing Facility Launched by Madhav KRG Group in Association With International Zinc Association, Initiative Supported by Hindustan Zinc Limited
But We Pray - The New E-book by AiR Helps Discover the True Meaning of Prayer
Home-hair Colouring Picks up Among Celebrities; Actress Neha Dhupia Gets Hair #ColourAtHome With Godrej Expert Rich CrÃ¨me
Enjoy a Grape Escape to the Hunter Valley, New South Wales
ElcomSoft Certified: Digital Forensics Trainings and Trainer Certification Programs
D-Link 5G Solutions Revolutionize Mobile Connectivity
Xinhua Silk Road: online special feature on investment in south China's Hainan Jiangdong New Area launched
AsiaOne Recognizes Waaree as 'India's Greatest Brand' in Solar Industry
Invest Monthly in the Bajaj Finance Fixed Deposit to Grow Savings
Yuvraj Singh and OctaFX Help the Most Vulnerable Fight COVID-19
Hisense Air Conditioner Getting World's First JQA's Fresh Air Certification
Xinhua Silk Road: S. China's Guilin hosts events to celebrate Cultural and Natural Heritage Day
Chandigarh University Launches Financial Aid Program for the Meritorious and Deserving Students to Overcome Financial Crisis During COVID-19
Digital Health EMI Network Card - A Fully-digital Card by Bajaj Finance With Instant Activation
TAICCA Shares Taiwan's Immersive Content Innovation at Cannes XR Keynote Forum
Glenmark's Consolidated Revenue Rises 7.96% to Rs. 27,674.89 Mn. for Q4 FY 2019-20, Consolidated Net Profit Rises 36.28% to Rs. 2203.08 Mn. for Q4 FY 2019-20
Xinhua Silk Road: Nanjing Jiangbei New Area presents fruitful achievements after 5 years of establishment
Holisol Takes a Step Further in Enabling Omnichannel E-commerce
Detailed Benefits on how one can Grow Their Enterprise With a Business Loan From Bajaj Finserv
Philogen Received Clinical Trial Authorisation With Nidlegy in Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer
NSW to Host FIFA Women's Football World Cup 2023(TM) Matches
Darwinbox Unveils 'Evolve' - WorkTech to Help Organizations Facilitate a Safe Return to Work
Convergent Finance LLP Announces Upto USD23.8 mn Investment in Camlin Fine Science Limited
John Abraham Along With Guardian GNC Urges People to 'Live Well' Through Their New Campaign #IamPositive
An Insider's Guide to Sydney
Agora Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
Ekalavya Hansaj's 8 pieces of advice every entrepreneur must know about Social media and growing revenues
/C O R R E C T I O N from Source -- AMD Medicom Inc./
GA-ASI Demonstrates Automatic Takeoff and Landing Enhancements
Medicom Announces UK Mask Manufacturing Facility in Alliance with British Government
Rogers International Commodity IndexÂ® (RICIÂ®): The Crude Oil (CL) Contract Will Hold at October (V) Until Its Anticipated Roll to November (X) With the August 2020 Roll
Manulife makes $3.5 million investment in diversity, equity and inclusion
Divide Treatment Expenses by Availing the 'Digital Health EMI Network Card ' from Bajaj Finance
Cyient Collaborates with Microsoft to Accelerate Internet of Things Solutions for Industry 4.0
AuraPortal Announces Move Beyond RPA to Deliver Hyperautomation
The Fourth World Intelligence Congress Kicked Off Online in Tianjin
Phoenix Contact, Quectel and Ericsson jointly develop the first industrial 5G router for private networks
ABB's Integrated, Predictive Analytics-Capable TruONE ATS Wins Frost & Sullivan Innovation Award
Mumbai Police Fundraiser Press Note - Mumbai Entrepreneur Launches Crowdfunding Campaign to Provide Protective Masks to Every Police of Mumbai
Manipal Hospitals Bangalore Collaborates With its Patient Faisal to Spread Awareness About Kyphoscoliosis Through 'SCOLIOSIS INDIA' Campaign
Global Security Industry Shifts to Service-based Solution Offerings Post-Pandemic
Zhejiang Export Online Fair Presents Virtual Expo on Consumer Goods
IIoT and 3D Printing Propel Growth for North American Industrial Valve Makers amid Volatile Market
IBM unveils free digital learning platform 'SkillsBuild Reignite' to reach more job seekers & provide new resources to business owners in India
IDE Technologies and Chem Process Systems are Partnering
Godrej Aerospace Develops and Delivers to DRDO, the First Batch of 1000 Proportional Solenoid Valves, a Critical Component for Making COVID-19 Ventilators
UMITRON in cooperation with Tokyo Tech was selected for the JAXA Innovative Satellite Demonstration program to launch a satellite with the mission to gather ocean data for aquaculture