Pidilite Industries Reports Consolidated Net Sales Growth of 45 Percent over the Same Quarter Last Year, and EBITDA Growth of 52 Percent for Quarter Ended 31st March 2021
Date: 13-05-2021 11:10AM
Source: Pidilite Industries Ltd
Category: Business/ Finance, Banking & Financial Services, Financial Analyst & Investors, General, Consumer Interest, Economy, Construction And Property, Chemicals And Plastics, Manufacturing Companies, Retailers
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Business Wire IndiaPidilite Industries Limited, India’s leading manufacturer of adhesives, sealants and construction chemicals today announced its financial results for the quarter and year ended March 31, 2021.
The Consumer and Bazaar (C&B) segment registered volume and value growth in excess of forty five percent during this quarter. Robust growth was registered across all major categories like adhesives, construction chemicals and DIY segment driven by continued demand momentum in both rural and urban geographies. The Business to Business (B2B) segment posted sequential strong volume and value growth in excess of twenty six percent aided by gradual and consistent pick-up in economic activities.
Overseas subsidiaries have reported high double-digit constant currency revenue growth as well as strong earnings growth.
- Net sales at Rs. 2,230 Cr grew by 45% over the same quarter last year. Net sales at Rs. 7,251 Cr, reported flat growth over last year. On a like to like basis (excluding PAPL) Net Sales in Q4 grew by 38 % and declined 2% for the full year.
- EBITDA before non-operating income at Rs. 460 Cr grew by 52% over the same quarter last year. EBITDA for the year ended stood at Rs. 1,683 Cr and grew by 7% over last year. On a like to like basis (excluding PAPL) EBITDA in Q4 grew by 41 % and 3% for the full year.
- Profit before Tax and Exceptional items (PBT) at Rs. 415 Cr grew by 63% over the same quarter last year. PBT at Rs. 1,526 Cr, reported flat growth over last year. On a like to like basis (excluding PAPL) PBT in Q4 grew by 49 % and declined 4% for the full year.
- Profit after tax (PAT) at Rs. 307 Cr grew by 96% over the same quarter last year. PAT at Rs. 1,126 Cr, reported flat growth over last year. On a like to like basis (excluding PAPL) PAT in Q4 grew by 80% and declined 4% for the full year.
The Company acquired 100% stake in Pidilite Adhesives Pvt Ltd (PAPL) [Formerly known as Huntsman Advanced Materials Solutions Private Limited (HAMSPL)] on 3rd November 2020.
- Net sales at Rs. 1,851 Cr grew by 42% over the same quarter last year with underlying sales volume and mix growth of 40%. This was driven by 45% growth in sales volume and mix of C&B and 26% growth in sales volume and mix of B2B. Net sales for the year ended stood at Rs. 6,187 Cr and declined by 2% over last year.
- EBITDA before non-operating income at Rs. 408 Cr grew by 43% over the same quarter last year. EBITDA for year ended stood at Rs. 1,550 Cr and grew by 4% over last year.
- Profit before Tax and Exceptional Items (PBT) at Rs. 376 Cr grew by 43% over the same quarter last year. PBT for the year ended stood at Rs. 1,457 Cr, declined by 3% over last year.
- Profit after Tax (PAT) at Rs. 277 Cr grew by 73% over the same quarter last year. PAT for the year ended at Rs 1,081 Cr declined by 2% over last year.
Commenting on the quarter performance, Mr. Bharat Puri, Managing Director, Pidilite Industries Ltd, said:
“This quarter witnessed robust broad-based growth across all businesses and geographies. Despite significant challenges in FY 21, we have displayed adaptability and resilience while building capacity and capability. Gross margins continue to be impacted due to unprecedented inflation in input costs. Despite pricing and cost actions, we expect margins to remain under pressure in the coming quarters. The current second wave of the pandemic poses challenges and Pidilite remains committed to working with our partners to overcome this crisis.”
Pidilite Industries Limited is a leading manufacturer of adhesives and sealants, construction chemicals, craftsmen products, DIY (Do-It-Yourself) products and polymer emulsions in India. Our products range also includes paint chemicals, automotive chemicals, art materials and stationery, fabric care, maintenance chemicals, industrial adhesives, industrial resins and organic pigments & preparations. Most of the products have been developed through strong in-house R&D. Our brand name Fevicol has become synonymous with adhesives to millions in India and is ranked amongst the most trusted brands in the country. Some of our other major brands are M-Seal, Fevikwik, Fevistik, Roff, Dr. Fixit, Fevicryl, Motomax, Hobby Ideas, Araldite.
More Press Releases
C3.ai Digital Transformation Institute Announces AI for Energy and Climate Security Grantees
Moody’s Launches Moody’s Moments Video Series Providing Insight into Corporate Strategy
IDEMIA Signs With Storstockholms Lokaltrafik “SL” to Launch the World’s First Ever Public Transport EMV White Label Cards
Celebrity Face: India's No.1 Platform for Aspiring Content Creators and Fans to Photoshoot with Top Celebrities
Tally Solutions Announces the First Edition of MSME Honours
Sourced from the Himalayan Regions, Moving to the Wonders of Australia - BOHECO Joins Hands with Spring Sciences Australia
Moneycontrol App's Monthly Active Users Six Times Larger Than Its Closest Competitor for May 2021 - Similarweb
Healthcare Cloud Unicorn, Innovaccer, Certified as a Great Place to Work® Company
The Nation Gears up for the First-ever Edition of National Poker Series, India
DXC Technology Welcomes Brenda Tsai as Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
Schlumberger New Energy and Panasonic Energy of North America Announce Strategic Collaboration on New Battery-Grade Lithium Production Process
Fashion Designer Sanjukta Dutta Contributes Towards the Vaccination Drive Held in Assam Under the Guidance of Honorable Chief Minister Dr. Hemanta Biswa Sarma
Western Union Accelerates Digital Money Movement for Postal Networks Worldwide
NMIMS School of Branding and Advertising Partners with 120 Media Collective and Advertising Standards Council of India
High-Touch Spectacles Now Made Virus Free by ZEISS DuraVision AntiVirus Platinum UV
IRM India Affiliate Announces Results for May 2021 Level-1 Examination
Wipro Annual Report 2021 on Form 20-F Available Online for ADS Holders
RSA Introduces Outseer, a Spinout of its Fraud & Risk Intelligence Unit, to Transform Customer Authentication and Accelerate Revenue for the Digital Economy
Abu Dhabi Based Tablez to Expand Upon Investment in India’s Toys Sector With Its Proprietary Brand