Three labourers lost their lives when they entered into a well situated at the basement of Empress Mall Residency for cleaning work on Saturday afternoon.
According to sources, some wells are situated at the Empress Mall Residency basement and the cleaning work was going on. The toxic gas emanating from the well suffocated the three labourers to death.
One of the deceased labourers has been identified as Deepak Mahadeo Gawte, resident of Sumedh Nagar, Nari Road.
While the identity of other two deceased labourers has not been established so far.
The well is 12-foot deep and has 2-foot of water. The labourers came in contact either with methane gas or carbon monoxide, sources said.
Since oxygen quantity at basement is sparse the toxic gas affects human beings very fast, sources said.
All the three labourers were suffocated to death due to inhaling of toxic gas emanating from the well.
The fire brigade team had to deploy JCB machine to pull out the bodies.
Bodies of the three labourers were extricated and sent to Government Hospital for post-mortem.
A case of negligence was registered in Ganeshpeth Police Station and probe was launched,sources added.
UNI PK VS SHK 2105
-- (UNI) -- C-1-DL0169-1319539.Xml