Batter Aiden Markram has been ruled out of the last two T20Is against India, Cricket South Africa (CSA) confirmed on Wednesday.
The 27-year-old Markram was initially ruled out of the opening game of the series after testing positive for Covid-19 and didn't return for the next two games as well.
"He spent seven days in quarantine after testing positive for Covid-19 last week and will not be able to complete his return to play programme in time to take part in the remainder of the T20 series," the CSA said in a statement.
"The player is healthy and well and has been cleared to return home to also look after his mental and emotional wellbeing after isolation in a local facility as required when an individual tests positive on tour," it added.
Meanwhile, South Africa are also monitoring Quinton de Kock's progress as he continues his recovery from a wrist injury. De Kock hasn't played in the last two games due to the injury and was replaced in the XI by Heinrich Klaasen.
"Wicket-keeper batsman, Quinton de Kock, has made a marked improvement in his recovery from a wrist injury. The Proteas' medical staff will continue to assess his progress and make a decision on his availability for Match Four in due course," the board said.
After going 2-0 down, India won the third game to keep the series alive. The two teams will now meet in the fourth T20I on Friday in Rajkot.
( 259 Words)