The Uttarakhand government has decided to grant Rs 1,000 to auto drivers registered with the State Tourism Department. This will impose a surcharge of Rs 25 crore on the state government.
"Auto-rickshaw drivers working in tourism industrial units will be given in Rs 1,000 rupees in their account. This will impose a surcharge of 25 crore on the state government," Uttarakhand government spokesperson Madan Kaushik said.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Thursday.
Other important decisions taken at the meeting are:
* The High Court will be informed about arrangements and problems regarding the COVID-19 cases quarantined on the border as per the directions by the court.
* Further changes have been made in the disbursement rates of the grant funds of the bodies in the 15th State Finance Commission. The funds to Gram Panchayat, Kshetra Panchayat and Zilla Panchayat will be changed to 75: 10: 15 from 35: 30: 35, respectively. Of the total amount of Rs 852 crore, Rs 575 crore will be given to Panchayati Raj and Rs 278 crore to urban bodies.
* The Cabinet has given approval to Uttarakhand Holding Consolidation Rules 2020. Names, definitions, sending notices, issuing notifications, etc have been clarified under this, it said.
* In the selection process for the post of Managing Director of Drinking Water Institute, the time limit for the annual entry was reduced from 8 years to 5 years.
* During the period of closure of liquor shops, the State government will bear a loss of Rs 34 crore for 10 days in the last financial year of the retail license and Rs 195 crore between April 1 and May 3.
* Under the Chief Minister State Agricultural Development scheme, the State government will compensate for the gap of funds of the Central Government. In addition, permission was granted to Agricultural University Pantnagar, Tehri Bharsar University and ICAR for purchasing seeds.
* As many as 14 posts have been created for the state wildlife poaching crime prevention. This post will be a departmental post.
* The government has decided to terminate the services of physicians who will remain absent from their duty for 5 years without leave.
* Through the Public Service Commission in the Information and Public Relations Department, the mandatory requirement of Hindi subject for the post of information officer has been abolished.
* Rs 14.23 crore will be reimbursed by the government under the waiver of fees for the renewal of permits for public vehicle dealers. The state government will compensate Rs 63 crore 28 lakh after 3 months exemption in road tax.
* After the integration of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and Rashtriya Shiksha Abhiyan, Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan will be run in the State. Earlier, there were 2,677 posts but now there will be 1,959 vacancies under this programme.
* Under the tourism department, the hotels, restaurants and dhabas, will have to pay 9 per cent tax on the water bill, which was earlier set at 15 per cent. With this, the expenditure of Rs 1.87 crore will be incurred by the state government.
* The bonus for the month of March given to the workers by the industries under the labour reforms, which was to be given in November 2020, can now be given till March 31, 2021. Those who will be in profit will have to pay 8.33 per cent bonus.
* Apart from this, a committee of Cabinet Ministers Harak Singh and Madan Kaushik has been formed for the Uttar Pradesh Industrial Disputes Act 1947.
* The government has waived off loan interest from April to June on Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Swarojgar Yojana and Deendayal Home Stay scheme.
* The consent period of the Pollution Control Board was given an extension of one year, which will not be charged. Moreover, a 3-month fee discount on excise has been given to hotels, restaurant and bars and 1-year exception on renewal and registration fee. (ANI)