Around 53 passengers on board a Delhi-bound tourist bus had a close shave as the vehicle caught fire near Riya village at Nalagarh in Solan district here on Thursday morning.
No injuries were reported in the incident as the passengers were evacuated soon after smoke started emanating from the bus. According to a fire official, the fire broke out at 0530 hrs, apparently due to short circuit in the electrical assembly of the bus, meanwhile all the passengers on board were brought out and taken to a safe distance before the incident. The bus was on its way to Delhi from Manali. A fire engine from the Nalgarh fire stationwas pressed into service to douse the flames. Fire officer said that fire render loss of Rs 35 lakh to the property and belongings of tourists ashed in the fire including the document of vehicles.
Local MLA Lakhvinder Singh Rana visited the spot after the rescue operation. All the tourists were reported safe who are returning from Manali when the mishap occured. UNI ML SDR 1929
-- (UNI) -- C-1-DL0067-1403027.Xml