A major disaster was averted as about 40 passengers of an air-conditioned bus came out safely after the bus caught fire near Rahiwada village on Seoni-Jabalpur road about 12-km from this district headquarters today, police said. The fire caught from the sparks occurred in the tyres due to friction as the driver was said to have used handbrake. The passengers alighted from the bus as soon as they saw the flames. However, their belongings were reduced to ashes due to the fire.
Fire tenders rushed to the spot and doused the fire.UNI XC-BDG SW SNU 1635
-- (UNI) -- C-1-DL0044-1074984.Xml