Thursday, July 19, 2018
News

Harvey Weinstein sued by unnamed actress alleging rape

   SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend    Print this Page   COMMENT

Washington D.C. [USA] | November 15, 2017 12:01:13 AM IST
Following numerous allegations of sexual harassment, assault and rape, an unnamed actress has recently filed a lawsuit against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, alleging that he masturbated in front of her in 2015 and then raped her a year later in 2016 at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills.

An unnamed actress, named Jane Doe, has recently filed a lawsuit against Weinstein and his former production company.

In the court documents, filed on Tuesday, the actress said that she met the 65-year-old film producer in 2011 and kept in contact with him in every few months over the following years after the producer offered to help with her acting career.

According to the documents, "In March 2015, Plaintiff met Weinstein at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills, California to discuss a prospective acting job on a television show called Marco Polo as well as acting in two to three other projects," reports E online.

She reportedly said he arranged a meeting at the luxurious hotel in 2015 to discuss a role for the Netflix upcoming series 'Marco Polo' and claimed that he gripped her wrist with one of his hands and masturbated with the other.

In 2016, Weinstein again contacted the plaintiff to meet him at The Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills, giving her the impression that she had been chosen for the role discussed for 'Marco Polo'.

The documents further stated, "Weinstein then used his massive weight and strength to force himself on her, pushing his penis inside of her vagina without a condom. After he withdrew, he gripped her with one hand while using his other hand to masturbate. Plaintiff finally broke free from his grasp and immediately left the bedroom and suite. "

More than 80 women, including actresses Angelina Jolie and Rose McGowan, have gone public with accusations of sexual harassment against Weinstein.

However, the 65-year-old has apologised for his behaviour, but claims that all interactions have been "consensual." (ANI)

Watch News Videos

 
  LATEST COMMENTS (0)
POST YOUR COMMENT
Comments Not Available
 
POST YOUR COMMENT
 
TRENDING TOPICS
 
 
 
CITY NEWS
MORE CITIES
 
MORE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
Brad Pitt, Leonardo Di Caprio denied rol...
Kim Kardashian's new perfume line sells ...
Jillian Bell to star in Comedy pilot 'Th...
Advani announces next film on fifth anni...
Don't want to separate my identity from ...
Burberry burns outfits worth 28 mn pound...
More...
 
INDIA WORLD ASIA
Armed dacoits gang loot valuables worth ...
Greater Noida building collapse: Death t...
Mumbai boy ties up with Dabbawallas, lau...
Facebook CEO faces flak for refusing to ...
Woman falls victim to triple talaq over ...
Body of army jawan recovered on banks of...
More...    
 
 Top Stories
Sony India launches new portable mo... 
Vivo NEX with pop-up selfie camera,... 
Your canine friend can help reduce ... 
Jeff Goldblum's London statue marks... 
Frog sacrifice in rain-starved Biha... 
'Apartheid early example of state t... 
Ronaldo's trip to S. Korea postpone... 
Thinkwide to expand operations in 3...